Protecting the climate for future generations is very important. Everyone should try to help out as much as they can, whether it is by individual conservation or urging your local and state governments to institute the proper legislation.
Fight for the Cause:
- West Bloomfield Township has taken the initiative to sign on to the U.S. Mayors Climate Protection Agreement. Urge other communities to do the same.
- Reduce the amount of electricity you use. Turn off computers, lights, and televisions when not in use.
- Conserve water. Do not leave the water on while you brush your teeth.
- Use less gas. (Walk short distances.)
- Eat more vegetables and less meat. Higher demand for cattle leads to more deforestation.
- Join an Environmental Group.
- Educate yourself.
- Fix leaky faucets and pipes.
- Lower your thermostat and insulate your house. Not only does it cut back on emissions, it will save you money.
How much do you contribute to Greenhouse emissions?
Sheridan, Chris. "We Can Keep Future Planners Keen by Treating Them Green." RTPI. 09 Feb 2007. The Royal Town Planning Institute. 16 May 2008 <http://www.rtpi.org.uk/item/474/23/5/3>.