Did you know that West Bloomfield Township...
- has just over 2,518 acres of protected woodlands
- contains 23 recreational areas
- has just over 1,410 acres of protected wetlands
- is home to 26 lakes and almost 150 ponds, which is the second highest number of lakes and ponds in a township in the United States
- contains Cass Lake, Oakland County's largest lake
West Bloomfield is located near the center of Oakland County, which...
- is home to 2 federally recognized endangered or threatened species, and 1 that is being considered for endangered status*
- contains 71 species that are recognized as endangered, threatened, or of special concern in the state of Michigan*
*see the Michigan Natural Features Inventory webpage
Environmental Department Homepage