Welcome to the Treasurer's Office
"The West Bloomfield Township Treasurer's office provides quality customer service with a highly dedicated and trained team. It is our goal to serve our residents in a fair, efficient, conscientious and respectful manner. Please contact me if I can be of assistance." - Teri Weingarden, MiCPT
About the Treasurer's Office
Thank you for visiting our web site. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the many services provided through the Treasurer's Office. I would like your experience with this office to be a pleasant one, and I will be happy to assist you in any way I can.
The Township Treasurer collects and distributes your property taxes for the following entities:
- State of Michigan
- Oakland Community College
- Oakland Schools
- School Districts of West Bloomfield, Walled Lake, Farmington, Birmingham, Pontiac, Waterford and Bloomfield Hills
- County of Oakland
- West Bloomfield Township General Fund, Police, Fire, Library, Parks & Recreation,
Bonds, Millages, Special Assessment Districts and Water & Sewer
Just under 27,000 tax bills are mailed each year. Informational tax bills are mailed to homeowners who have a mortgage company paying their taxes. If you have a mortgage, please check your escrow statement for tax payments. Tax receipts are not mailed to taxpayers due to the large number of tax bills and the high cost of postage.
- Invests Surplus Funds
- Manages all Township Bank Accounts
- Initiates and coordinates all debt service projects
- Collects real estate and personal property taxes
- Formulates township monetary policies and investment plans
- Serves on the Township Board of Trustees and the Pension Board
- Administers Retiree Health Care and Defined Benefit Contributions
- Assists in the creation and implementation of the Annual Budget
- Bills and Collects Special Assessments
- Sells Dog Licenses for Oakland County Animal Control
About Your Treasurer, Teri Weingarden
I earned a Master of Industrial Relations (MAIR) degree from Wayne State University and dual bachelor degrees from the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) in Organizational Psychology and International Relations.
My professional experience includes: Pricing Coordinator, in the Finance department, of Unisys EAD (Europe Africa Division) in London, England, North American Knowledge Manager for all Automotive and Industrial Equipment clients for Accenture (formerly known as Andersen Consulting), Change Management consulting services on behalf of Accenture for the big three and tier one suppliers and Customer Service consultant for EDS on the GM account.
I currently serve on the Board of Directors for the West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce, and am a founding board member of a 501c3 organization, For Victims of War and Poverty.
I have served as the President of the Cumberland Common Homeowner's Association since 2001.
I am an active participant in many community organizations including:
Relay for Life Team Lead
2013 Friendship Circle Executive Board
West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce Board Member
Friend of the West Bloomfield Public Library
Adopt-A-Road: two miles of adopted roadway in West Bloomfield
I grew up in West Bloomfield and attended West Bloomfield schools K-12. My husband, Howard, and I are raising two school aged daughters both enrolled in the West Bloomfield School District. We also host an exchange student attending West Bloomfield High School.
Treasurer's Department Web Page
Tax and Water Payments